Saturday 10 November 2012

Creating in Faith - Closeness


What does closeness mean to you?...  We can think about the relationships we have with our families and friends and the closeness determined by how freely we are able to share matters of the heart, how much quality time we spend with them and nurturing the relationships. The closer we get the more we trust and let our guard down, we know we can rely on them we even know their likes and dislikes.

Are you able to do this for yourself, how much time have you really spent getting to know yourself, what you like, and don’t like, and I mean really like.  There are some people who in their later years still don’t know, because it not been something they ever did.  We can find ourselves swept along by the needs of others, constantly trying to please, going through the motions when the real you is crying out ‘what about me’. 

When you do think about yourself you have spent so long doing for others that you don’t even know what you feel like doing anymore and you realise  years have passed since the last time you thought about doing something.  I thought I would remind myself that this one life I have is not a dress rehearsal and it is to be lived fully.  I need to let go of doubts and worries and I’m sure I’ve said this before ‘get out of my own way’.  Not fearing solitude but really listening to my heart, and hearing my own breath.  Not waiting to be chosen, or rescued, but being there for me, choosing me.

One way that I have found my voice has been in my art journal and through creativity, and I do encourage you to find some creative activity that will enable you to find your hidden voice that needs your support and encouragement,  just as you would a friend, and for everything you do this week.   Spend time reflecting, getting to know again what really makes you tick, what excites you, upsets and encourages you, even what angers you, but most of all, make time for you.

This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us... 1 John 5:14

The Lord is close to the broken hearted  and saves those who are crushed in spirit Psalm 34:18

He tends his flock like a shepherd:   He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.  Isaiah 40:11


Come join the group - Creating in Faith, show us how you will be incorporating the words and scriptures and reflections in your art this week.  Step out and be a blessing and you will also be blessed!

1 comment :

  1. Amanda! How I have missed you!

    The past few months have been wrapped up in being a long distance grandma and caring for family. My own time has been claimed by so many,

    I appreciated your sharing scripture.
    The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit Psalm 34:18

    This has been so true over my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...