Friday 5 July 2013

Gratitudes - Living your Life

It has been 2 weeks since my brothers home coming service, it was lovely to see so many people come out and show their love and respect for Robert.  We gave him a really good send off and everyone wore a touch of red which was one of his favourite colours.  It still feels unreal and I think about him non stop and it still feels like he is just a phone call away.  How precious his life was, and he leaves a legacy in his children and family, his love, warmth, passion, determination, peace and strength. 

I have been thinking about my own life, my journey, dreams and desires.  There are many things that I want to accomplish, I have still much growing to do in my walk as an artist - we all still have something to learn or a new technique to try.  I am reminded that I need to step out and ask myself 'what if anything were possible what would you do next, and then what?'  I have been working in the background trying to make sense of things and find my creative spark again.  When I feel sorry for myself I hear the many conversations I had with my brother and he would tell me to 'just go for it!

Well, that's just what I am going to do.  I want to share what I have been doing, in my art, do some videos of some of the processes, give myself some more challenges, write poetry, stories, photography, illustration, and just soar.  As I have said many times, we only have this one life to life, and we may as well live it to our best.  I will also be sharing what inspires me, and the work of other creatives, here on this blog, and on my wordpress writers blog.

Out of our pain and loss we have gained new insight into the life of those we love, those we have love and lost and the very meaning and purpose of our own existence.  It won't be easy and there might be some days where we feel like curling up and crying our eyes out, that's OK, its all part of our life that we acknowledge.  We don't have all the answers, but maybe I have a few that might be useful for someone else.   I refuse to hide and pretend that everything is OK or to brush anything under the carpet - that is not being real, I am greatful for each and everyday I get another chance to make a difference.  You will feel my story through my creativity and words, as I share we will go on a journey of uncovering together, sometimes you will get it, sometimes it could take a while or not at all, we all have our own 'stuff' to deal with.  What is most important though is that you show up ready to 'step out', accept the challenge, grow, laugh some days, cry if you want to, be inspired and be real to yourself.  What are you planning to do with your tomorrow?

14 comments :

  1. So sorry to hear about your brother, Amanda. Thoughts are with you and your family at such a sad time. Good luck with your creative endeavours. Life really is so fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments we are taking one step, one day at a time.

      Delete
  2. I am so very sorry to read about your loss. I admire how you can still keep the strength, write about it and be so determined. Yes, what do we do with our tomorrows, and what do we do with our loss? I wish you all strength to take every day as it comes, the good ones and the bad ones. And I think your art work will help you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding that writing about it helps bring back the memories that I took for granted...thank you for your encouraging words.

      Delete
  3. Hi Amanda .. I'm pleased you feel you gave your brother a send off and there will always be love around in your life with your own family, family extended and friends ...

    I'm sure your creative soul spirit will soar - you have so much to offer so many ... I look forward to meeting up again - sometime .. at some stage - I'm starting new projects which will take a while to fructify ...

    I'm looking forward positively and am very enthusiastic to get on with things ... but hard work must come first .. cheers to you and with thoughts - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hilary, there was much laughter and joy as we looked back on his life, it was as if he were there sharing it with us. Many people said they were also uplifted by the service, which was an encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Losing my mother and husband within two months 15 yrs ago was a shock. My grieving took it's course and after reading books about positivity and negativity I eventually emerged a stronger person. I have other family issues now but have made a few decisions and hopefully all will be well.

    I found your post wonderful to read.
    Enjoy your week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne, sorry for your double loss, I can't imagine how you got through, but as you say in time you emerged a stronger person which carries you through..

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. Your attitude and commitment are beautiful testaments to his strength, character and supportive personality. The way you choose to live your life will be a reflection on the way he lived his ... and what more could we ask of life but that we had a positive impact on others. If we all lived as though our lives were tributes to those we have loved and lost ... well, what a beautiful world it would be. Thank you for sharing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a big thing to go through, with the loss of your brother. I admire your positive approach to life, and your resilience. I look forward to seeing more of your creative activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My deepest condolences, Amanda. The new strength and fresh perspective that you have found amidst your loss is nothing short of amazing. May God continue to uphold you as you fulfill the purpose for which He has called you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thank you for your kind words and your visit.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...