Monday 26 January 2015

Material Mondays - Wall Hanging - Fabric Art - Expression



It has been a while since I did a post for Material Mondays and I have been busy trying to complete the stitching and also source embellishments and beads, which have been great fun, in between doing other creative projects.



Here is the one I have finished and I have called it Expression - measuring 8.5 x 8.5 inches.  I really enjoyed completing this one with the beads and other embellishments.  I had found some really pretty jewelry pieces that I was able to add to the painting.  


The pink and white beads are slightly iridescent and have a shimmer to them when the light hits them.  All the colours complement each other and the piece is finished off with a bamboo rod with a silver chain so that it can be hung.


Let me know what you think.  Have you experimented with fabrics,  and embellishments, what is your favorite?  If you would like to purchase this I will be putting it for sale on my Etsy store




3 comments :

  1. how neat is that!!! very creative and the beads are a fun and lovely addition. very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelly, I really enjoy creating the pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I hope you post about your crafts more often. I'm not artistic myself but I really appreciate arts. :) Lovely things like these.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...