Thursday 7 July 2016

Transformation Thursdays - Mixed Media Painting - Bird Friend


Where we currently live we constantly hear the sound of the birds in the morning.  We have two large trees at the front of our house known as 'Bearded Fig Trees' and there are 3 different types of birds that seem to nest quite happily in their branches.  

Obviously while they frolic in the trees they are usually tweeting away at different pitches and tones and it is quite a beautiful way to start the day as I flow into my normal morning routine and start my day.

The other thing they seem to bring here as well as in my old house are seeds of unknown trees.  I just found out today that the thing that I thought was a weed is actually a pomegranate tree!  I couldn't be happier as I had actually just brought one after contemplating growing from seeds but the plant was cheaper than buying just one fruit.

Anyway along with bringing seeds and song they also leave their calling card on the back of chairs and the hand rail, so that part of their morning joy is not appreciated, but I guess I can live with it.

I wanted to share my latest of the series of paintings that I had done on small cards. 

They start out with the scraps of paper collage on card and a loose shape for the body is then outlined.  You can take a look at the video below to see it from start to finish as well.


Because of the background colours I try and keep the paint I use to a minimum and do a lot of blending to get the shades and colours that I like.


The ladys then take on a life of their own and come with their stories to be told.  This young one came with a friend, not sure of the breed of bird it is, but it seems to have a lot of character



Perhaps it is related to one of those birds that come and tell all first thing in the morning.


I encourage you to start a daily practice whether you paint, draw, or take photographs while out on your walk.

Bird Friend
You can also check out some of the courses that I have been teaching on, The Journey Within, One BadAss Journal and Embrace Your Art Jam, for ways in which you can tap into your creativity.

Stay blessed and be a blessing.


2 comments :

  1. She is simply beautiful! I also love birds. Your colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is simply beautiful! I also love birds. Your colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...