Tuesday 17 October 2017

31 Art Journals No: 13 - Cereal Bag Journal


Welcome to Art Journal No 13, which is part of the 31 Art Journal Series.  This Art Journal started off as an experiment, but I really enjoyed putting it together and the final result that was achieved.  If you don't experiment then you don't know how things can work together and in some of those accidents amazing results were achieved.


You can see the inspiration for the journal HERE.  I started out with a collection of images, background papers, embellishments that were going to be added in between the cereal bag and heated to seal them in.



When you know what you want to put in between the layers which is a different way of working as you are creating the journal pretty much in one sitting before sealing, so the though processes are slightly different.


I had a lot of vintage images and small postcard samples and I wanted to give the feel of  a vintage journal.  I added embellishments, stitching on some pages and created some tags.


I really enjoyed how this one turned out, and I would in the next one include more stitching as after time and use some of the embellishments come loose.


The Video

Check out the video to see the Journal close up


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...