Monday 30 November 2015

Material Mondays - Fabric Bowl and powertex

Welcome to another Material Mondays, where I have been playing about with fabric in a different way.  What was once an old skirt that needed to be disguarded is now a functional addition to the studio.




You have heard me on the blog rage about powertex which is a fabric hardener that I recently became aware of HERE and have been using it in some of my figurines and other things.


I thought I would try my hand at making a fabric bowl using fabric scraps and string to decorate.


The great thing is that you can create any style bowl that you choose and any size, and whilst this won't be submerged in water it is water proof.


It is a great way to use up all those items of cloths that may have not been in a good enough condition to make it to the charity store, and you also make yourself something useful in the process.


This is one suggestion for the bowl, but I am thinking now that I will use it to place my keys in so they don't get misplaced.  If you get a chance to try out the powertex I would really recommend that you experiment it's a lovely product, and in the meantime you will be recycling and doing your bit.

1 comment :

  1. What a magnificent use of disgarded clothing. I see using it as a cell phone holder, remote control, and also the keys you plan to use it for.
    I call it "purposeful art" Hope all is well with you and your family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...