Tuesday 27 December 2022

Fabric Wax Resist - A Technique - Material Mondays

 

Have you tried a wax resist technique on fabric?  In week 20 of Material Mondays I share one of the techniques that I use to create the designs on my fabric.


Dyeing your own fabric is a great way to create your own designs, and the fabric can either be used as a whole or cut up and used in smaller projects.

I start out with an image loosely sketched on the fabric, I usually do a combination of faces and patterns




The next step is to add the wax either on the lines you have drawn or in-between the lines which will create varying patterns.

I combine a selection of dyes together to get the color that I want, you can do swatches so that you are able to recreate the colors when needed.


Once dried the wax is removed.  I use an iron and place paper over the fabric.  It is a great way to apply color and pattern to some of the fabrics that you may have, and you can experiment and see what effects that you are able to create.


If you are interested in checking out some of the supplies, you can check out my Wax Resist Supplies List on Amazon


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...