Friday 26 March 2021

Arts and Wellness Café - Mindful of your Creativity

 


Welcome to the Arts and Wellness Café week where the word for this week has been Mindful.  In the video this week we look more closely at the word and how it impacts on our creative processes, especially if we get distracted by events.

I show you in the video an example of an event and how you can get yourself to side step, see it from a different perspective and get on with your creative journey.  It does take practice and can affect your whole day if you don't take it in hand.

Earlier during the week I share with you the Podcast recording which started us off looking at the word, you can listen Here or click on the link below



I also shared a book Review titled Intertwined


And you can also see some of the eco dyeing fabric that I have been experimenting with, I have been having quite a bit of fun seeing what plants in my garden will release their color so that I can use it on fabric.

Here are some of the flowers that I used, Mexican Sunflower, Bourgonvillea, Clitoria Tenae and Jacobs Coat (local name)


Here is some of the results of my activity, these are the plant dyes I created


I had previously used avocado seeds to dye fabric, I am still thinking about projects to create with them.


More recently I have been working with clay as a dye and combining with wax and fabric dye to create designs.


I also want to work with some stitched projects and see how you can create designs on the fabric as well as have the stitched design.

If you would like to see more of the 'behind the scenes' join me on my Patreon









No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...