Tuesday 22 March 2011

Creative Every Day Challenge - Nest


For Creative Every Day Challenge Our topic for the month is nest and I have been pondering over it  for the past few weeks and for me it represents a place of safety, a place where nurturing, growth and security is present.  Just as a bird rears its young, so we hold on to our core values and beliefts that are at our very foundation. 

While doing the Crafting my best life course with Jenny Doh at Cresendoh we did an exercise where we identified our core values and we put these on stones.  Bringing the two together with this challenge serves as as a great reminder.



On a creative front I am becoming more at peace with my adventures as an artist, exploring, creating, journalling, stepping out, experimenting and on the way meeting some cool, supportive, inspiring and talented artists...



As you think about the challenges that are coming your way, think about the values that are at your foundation, the support network that you surround yourself with and that place of peace that you can retreat, to strengthen yourself as you face another day...

8 comments :

  1. beautiful post! I love your nest and the core values you painted on the rocks. What a wonderful idea! I did my core values on coloured pieces of paper but this is so much more powerful! Thanks for the inspiration and thank you for buying my book!

    Love, Violette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    Your words and work inspires.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, this is another positive, inspiring post reminding me of my own core values and priorities. Thank you for writing and creating from your heart. You are a shining light of inspiration and your posts touch my heart!I also want to let you know that I have just awarded you with the One Lovely Blog Award. Please go over to my blog to retrieve it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Just came across your blog and glad that I did on this particular post. I love this idea of painted rocks and think I might do it in the near future. Thanks for sharing yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nest containing your core value stones. This blog post has made me think about a place of peace. I really do need one right now so thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i found you thru A-Z. i used to do altered books and loved it, but stopped when i started writing. i think i miss it.

    your art is lovely and inspiring. i think i'll keep coming back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments and for being an inspiration as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the rocks! Such a simple inspiring thing to do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...