Friday 18 September 2020

Arts and Wellness Cafe - How are you using your Creative Voice?

 


Come and join me for Arts and Wellness Cafe as we look at the way in which you use your creative voice.  There are so many talents in which you can share and it is a blessing to many around the world.  It can sometimes take a while to find your voice, but with practice and perseverance you can see it blossom in a lot of different ways.




We also touch on a few other areas to consider in your creative walk.  Making room for your gifts by getting rid of those things that do not serve or are just cluttering up your space, leaving you little time to really be creative.

I have been playing with some of the items I collected from the Artists Materials Bank and made some small stitched items so that I can get a feel for the materials before moving on to bigger items.

You will see in the video at the end how the materials looks and feels.

Fabric Selection

I love making the fabric stories and this is also a great way to see how the materials work together or with other items that you may want to work with.


Fabric Stitched Stories - Amanda Trought
Fabric Stitched Stories

With the smaller pieces you can play about with designs and even see if you want to go larger.  The smaller pieces are very therapeutic to work on and you can then put the smaller pieces together.


Fabric Stitched Stories with Trim

I had also got some beads in a similar shade and was able to see how the colours looked together.

Fabric Stitched Stories - Amanda Trought
Fabric Stories

This mini cushion was originally supposed to be a purse and got changed at the last minute.  The fabric that I was using was very versatile and I also found that when you frayed the edges you could use some of the threads in the project.

Cushion - Fabric Stitched Stories - Amanda Trought
Mini Cushion

I got carried away and made a fabric glass case, I used a similar method to creating a pillow case.

Glass Case - Fabric Stitched Stories - Amanda Trought
Glass case holder

Mini Art Journal Cover and holder with some of the scraps that were left from the main piece that I cut

Journal Cover and Holder Fabric Stitched Stories - Amanda Trought
Mini Art Journal
It is always great to be able to create and plant for new things in the studio, it has been a slight distraction while I ponder on other projects to be complete.  Do let me know what you are up to and what kind of things pop up to distract you.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...