Saturday 16 April 2016

Recycled Projects - Are Back! - Crafting a Cup

Happy Saturday!   So great that you could join me today.  I wanted to let you know that the Recycled Project posts are back and I will be sharing things that you can do with recycled materials.  There are a lot of crafty things that you can do with recycled materials.   You will have endless amounts of fun re-purposing, reusing and just making stuff that you might be able to use around the home or in your crafting space.



This is also useful if you are creating on a budget and want to find some inexpensive ways of creating the products or equipment that you might need for a fraction of the cost.

In one of my previous posts I shared a book case I made from Cardboard boxes

Cardboard Bookcase

which was made from packing boxes below!

The foundation of the bookcase made from Cardboard

I had great fun making it, was able to make it fit the space I had in mind.  I have since been making other things, and there seems to be more recycled material than time to make something new and exciting, but I am giving it a go.

I have come up with a few ideas for things to do with plastic bottles and newspaper, and again it is quite exciting what you can do with a little bit of imagination.

I have made a storage container this week, which will be used to hold some of my tools in the studio, see photos below, you can also see the video so that you can see it from a different view point.



So many things can be made from these two materials

So many things you can do with plastic and paper!

There is a wealth of things that you can create with plastic and paper, here is one way in which you can create an inexpensive storage container, that can be used in a variety of ways in your creative space or around the home.

The design formed itself and began to take shape once the paper was added.

It is made using the top of a plastic container and newspaper.

I love the way the paper lays on the plastic

The newspaper is rolled and covers the plastic to get the textured effect.

I created a stand from the rolled paper

It is dried and painted then given the brushed gold effect with metallic paint. I really like the detail on the handle and the pattern around the container.

Painted cup, which is varnished

It is then sealed with varnish and is water resistant, but to preserve it don't actually use it as a cup (lol).

With some thought you could allow your imagination to run away with you and create other shapes and styles - how about a series.

Do come back next week to see what else can be made, subscribe and sign up to the emails, so that you don't miss out on a post!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...