Wednesday 6 May 2020

Arts and Wellness Wednesday - Chat Episode 216



Arts and Wellness

Arts  and Wellness Wednesday

Welcome to the show notes for the Arts and Wellness Episode - 216, so glad to have you here.  If you have not yet seen the video you can catch it down below



You can listen to the podcast below


Part of my normal routine starts the day with herbal tea made from Moringa, Broad leaf Thyme and on occasion another blend, alongside a cup or ordinary tea as I head my way over to my studio.

Frangipani flowers from the garden and Scaevola cutting.

In the recording I share information about my art journals.  This is my Restoration journal, one among many.  An art journal is a great place to put your thoughts in images and words.  I work in several art journals depending on how I am feeling at the time.  I love making journals.
Art Journal Restoration - Amanda Trought
Art Journal - Restoration, Amanda Trought

Pages can be prepped before hand, and I usually see the process in 3 stages, depending on how much time I have to work on a page.  The page below has lots of texture, colour, and I have journalled on the pages.  I initially layered the background colours on the pages, then went back at a later date and added the images.  

When I felt in the mood to do some written journalling I looked through the pages to see which one was speaking to me then added the written text.

Art Journal Restoration - Amanda Trought

This is usually how the page starts out on the left, with layers of colour on the page


Art Journal Restoration - Amanda Trought

This is another activity that I have enjoyed doing, creating pieces to slow stitch.  These are quilted painted pieces that I then have been adding stitching to.  There are many more to start working on.

Textile Art with Slow Stitch - Amanda Trought
Slow stitch fabric

The pieces also have stencils gessoed on and I often add an image to them.

Textile Art with Slow Stitch - Amanda Trought
Closer Detail, painted fabric and stitch - Amanda Trought

What are you finding speaks to you creatively at the moment.  I would love to hear what you are working on.

You can also join me if you want to have a chat about what you are doing creatively where you want to take it.  You can book two free telephone calls were we can explore where you would like to go to next.  Check it out HERE

CHECK IT OUT HERE


I look forward to catching up with you soon, stay blessed and be a blessing!

CHECK IT OUT HERE










No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...