Wednesday 27 May 2020

Arts and Wellness Wednesday - Slow Stitching and Art Journalling




Welcome, in today's video I share we look at the importance of taking time for your self to make sure that you nurture and spend as much creative time as you can.

We can very often forget to even think about what we want, how we are or where we are going.  In times especially like these where we can be surrounded by stressful situation taking time just to ask yourself the question 'How am I' and then thinking of a creative activity that you can take part in can go a long way.



I also share about some creative stitching projects that I have been doing - these are my stitched meditations that I dip into every now and then and have created quite a few art panels.

 
Mixed Media Art - Amanda Trought
Stitched Meditations - Amanda Trought




Mixed Media Art - Amanda Trought
Mixed Media Art - Amanda Trought


Mixed Media Art - Amanda Trought
Loom and Stitching

Mixed Media Art - Amanda Trought
Shades of Green

I will be giving you a closer look of each of them over the coming weeks.


I was inspired by an artist  Arthur Ange on Facebook who creates fabric masks you can see some of his other work HERE  You can also take a look at artist Bisa Butler and her amazing fabric portraits.

I was so inspired to create a fabric portrait that I put together this piece, I want to do more so need to move some tasks I have to do around a bit.  You can also create stitched projects to go in your journal, which adds interesting details and textures.

Mixed Media Art - Amanda Trought
Stitched Faces - Stories await

I am looking forward to creating some on a larger scale.  It is more like a wall hanging than a mask at the moment.

I hope you enjoy the video, let me know what you are working on at the moment and connect with me.  You can also listen to this post on my Podcast HERE


Amanda Trought - Mixed Media Artist
Stay Blessed and be a Blessing - Amanda!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...