Tuesday 18 May 2021

Creating a Fabric Art Journal Page

When I am sewing I save all of the fabric scraps. No smaller than say an inch in size. There are so many things that you can do especially if you have amassed a large amount. Usually what I will do is stitch them into some small wall hangings or art pieces and they can often go to make quite larger pieces of art.


When I don't want to sew I will take them and add to an art journal - you create a fabric journal page that you can paint on in your art journal. I am sharing in this video one of the pages I sometimes create when I want to use up some of my scraps. - check out the video above.


They are a mixture of jeans material and lighter Africa fabric material. They have been glued to the page using pva glue and then covered with gesso so that it will absorb the paint better.

Adding paint of choice becomes easier once you have added the gesso and you also create lovely texture as you can see from the different fabrics.
Sometimes you need to step away from the piece and as I am applying paint I can see a figure coming through but need to give it time to establish itself. Check out the video to see more. I will be doing some more work
I hope you enjoy playing around with a fabric art journal page and see where it takes you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...