Thursday 19 August 2021

Grease Proof Paper & Button Art Journal


 


This is a lovely art journal to work in, made from slightly different paper than my other art journals.  The pages are made from Grease proof paper.  I had been using the paper when I had been working with a wax resist technique on fabric and it seemed a shame to throw away the paper just because it had residues of wax so I decided to turn the pages into an art journal.


Each one of the pages then underwent the first few layers as the supplies have a difficult time adhering to the surface even if you do add gesso first.


One of the things you can do is to roughen the surface of the paper with sandpaper and then apply the gesso or preferred paint


Each page has different elements added as well which will make a nice jump off piece when I come to work in the journal.


I also used recycled card to act as tabs on the edges of the art journal.  It is lovely to have a space where you can just play with supplies in.  Hope you feel inspired to create your own art journal from some of the supplies that you have in your stash!








No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...