Friday 11 March 2022

Neurographic Art - Neurographica


Join me for my Neurographic Art Tutorial - Making my way.

I recently came across Bethany Thieles Art Teacher - Channel where she gives you a Neurographic art Tutorial - mindfulness in art. She goes into detail and gives her interpretation of the technique - but also check out the founder Pavel Piskarev's website - HERE

What drew me to it was the shapes that are created on the page and used it as a meditative tool. I have added my own spice, and used an already created background page with an image, and at the end of the piece I add additional color in some of the sections.


The technique known as Neurographica was founded by Pavel Piskarev in 2014 and is known as an art and stress reduction therapy. They have courses that you can take from Beginner to Instructor level and worth taking a look - the next statement from their website tells you about the theory behind it:

"The Theory of Neurographica is built on scientific principles using the knowledge of visual thinking in combination with the laws and patterns identified by various schools of psychology. Namely: neuropsychology, analytical psychology, Gestalt psychology, Psychosynthesis, social psychology and modern management theory." https://www.neurographica.us/


I really enjoyed creating the pages that I created - I love doodling and mark making. I use black ink and paint brush to create my lines and I love the addition of the faces. I find creating art really relaxing, and will be using it in that way when I want to relax and be mindful.


You can check out Bethany's video HERE:
https://youtu.be/NoIgdt-uQR0 For more information about Neurographica check out : https://www.neurographica.us/

*****************************************************************************

Join me on Patreon



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...