Monday 16 October 2023

"Meditation Meets Art" - Wax Resist Cloth on Material Mondays, Week 1

 

Come and join me in Material Mondays this week, I start a new project working on a fabric that I have created a series of patterns on using a wax resist technique.  


The fabric was then dyed, and I am excited to work on this textile meditation cloth. I am going to be using a straight stitch and spending time quietly contemplating and reflecting.

If you missed last week's Material Mondays the previous piece came to an end, there was quite a bit of detail, but I think the end result was worth it! In the video below I also share a course that I took called Zen Stitching. It was filled with some useful information, and I came away with techniques that I could transfer in my own work.

The Finished Project

Close up detail

Check out the Video


Before you go

Come and join us on Wednesday 18th October at 10am EST



We are connecting through creativity, and invite you to an International Art Meetup this Wednesday on Zoom! 


was kindly asked by my friend Wendy Solganik (@willa.wanders) to join forces with the following other artists for this special time.  


Tania Ahmed (@taniaahmed)

Caylee Gray (@cayleygrey @getmessyartjournal)

April Mathis (@alittlecreative.me)

Amanda Trought (@realityarts)  (me)

Christine Ebner (@stepandshoulders), 

Nicole Warrington (@coastalnicole) , and

Beatriz Helton (@beatrizhelton). 


The Vision:


In a world filled with diverse experiences, we believe in the power of art to unite us. Join us for a few hours of collective creativity, transcending borders, cultures, and backgrounds. 


What to Expect:


Art in Unison: Grab your favorite art supplies and immerse yourself in the connection of creating alongside fellow artists from around the globe.


Sign up to my mailing list for further information - You can connect HERE

or put the following in your browser - https://bit.ly/MailGif

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...