Monday 19 January 2015

Digital Art - Growing

Been messing around with a drawing app on the Surface Pro over the past few weeks.  My husband Alan got himself one recently.  It is quite a handy little machine and I have really been taken with the drawing package.  It reminded me that I have a drawing pad that had been gathering dust, and digital art was something my late brother Robert had always been on at me to try, I resisted as I just couldn't see how it could ever come close to working with real paints.

I guess I didn't give my drawing pad a good enough chance and will have to dust it off to see what I can do with it, cause I really enjoyed creating these images, and hope to develop over time...



I really like the way you can use the different paints, watercolor crayons and brushes on the drawing Surface Pro, and these drawings were created using my finger and changing the brush sizes.  It does come with a pen but I couldn't quite get the hang of it and found my index finger quite flexible and freeing without the mess of painting with your hands.


All in all it gets a thumbs up from me, though I'm not sure how close Alan is going to let me get to it his Surface Pro, so I will try using the drawing pad I got a couple of Christmases ago...


I might give myself a 30 day challenge to start creating some digital images as it was great fun!

I would love to see what you have been up to digitally, leave a comment and a link to your site and I will come and visit.  Stay blessed and be a blessings!


2 comments :

  1. Digital software used to be so restrictive and cumbersome. I'm so happy to learn that they have become much more user friendly and allow one to be creative. As always, your work is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just wonderful! WOW! Keep up the great fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...