Friday 6 May 2016

Mixed Media Art page - Transformation Friday - Shona

I love creating artwork that begins one way and then goes through a total transformation.  I don't set out to draw a particular image, but allow the image to come out of the backgrounds.



Shona - Mixed media page - Every image has it's own story!

I did a video so that you can see the changes in sequence for this one, 

Check out this video


This is basically how it all starts off, from putting down materials on a page and then making the decision that you are going to tell the story.

A loose image appear and then built on, allowing yourself to be open and not bound by what you think it should look like.


If you keep pushing you start to see the image take place and the story begins


Not being afraid of change


Knowing that you will know when it is time to let go


For anything to grow you have to put in the work, nurture and water when necessary.  Creating is as important to me as my breath, it is part of who I am.



I take the time to refine, to bringing out the colors and allowing her to begin to tell her story, through her gaze, the expression on her face, until I can let go and let her stand in her own right and tell her story without any insecurities or doubt.

Mixed Media Art Page - Shona





1 comment :

  1. I love it when a painting comes to life. It is an amazing thing and this is lovely. Love the texture you added too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...