Monday 18 July 2022

Material Mondays - Working with Fabric Paints

 



Welcome to Material Mondays this week where we look at working with Fabric paints to create designs on our fabric pieces.  You can check out the video above.

You can use them as a layer on your fabric or as a finishing touch.  I like to add stitching as well as other elements.

Today I share how I use the fabric paint to lay down color and then add mark making and other designs using a range of different brands.



I also use stencils and sometimes stamps creating on the surface of the fabric.  I use the metallic dimensional paint to add highlights on the surface of the fabric rather than have the dimension.  This piece will then have either some more mark-making done on top or I might draw a figure.

 

Material Mondays

You can also check out some of the other videos in the Material Mondays Series below.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4


Week 5

Check out my latest course, and also while you are there check out the free resources available.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...