Saturday 13 June 2015

Repurpose and recycle - Time to create!

Creating sculptures with recycled materials 

Having got the bug for creating figures I am experimenting a bit more with materials to enable me to use more recycled materials.

The basis for these figures is clay and once I have got the posture I set about working on dressing the figure.

It is great when you can find materials and a style that you enjoy working with, and unlike drawing a character you get a better sense of the story that comes with the completed figure.


I found a gentleness and calmness about this particular figure, but also a strength.  



She is finished with bronze effect paint and sequins for decoration.  I hope you are inspired to experiment as well, and see where it takes you!  Blessings

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...