Monday 25 January 2016

The Journey Within - Online Class In Full swing


The Journey Within - Click to Register and more info

Well the Journey Within 2016 is in full swing and we are coming to the end of the first month.  We are having a lot of fun, insight and much needed time in our journals.  It is great to be able to share with each other in the journey, and the journey has kicked off well with Vivienne McMaster, Kelly Johnson and Tiare Smith, along with some great journal hints and tips from Kiala our host.

You can join us for the year long journey or the class is also split up into quarters and the first quarter is from January to March - so you still have time to sign up if you want to get on board for either the year long or the first quarter.  There is no falling behind as you can take your time to work through the videos and dip your toes in and really make this journey count for you.  

You will be able to view my lesson in February and I can't wait to share some techniques with you, here is a sneak peek:

Sneak peek of my lesson for The Journey Within 2016

It was great hearing the interview with Vivienne and some of the classes that she teaches and the way that we see ourselves and the stories that form - especially through the camera, and I would like to spend more time for a while seeing myself from a different perspective, through the lens and document the journey.  

Kelly Johnson and Tiare Smiths had us working in our Art Journals, exploring and discovering.  Our session with Kelly we were encouraged to explore seeds.  I have moved recently and have been keen to start growing and planting, so this was an ideal exercise.  I am coming across a variety of seeds from unfamiliar fruit and finding out the different conditions that would make the seed grow and it has been a really good experience.  Just taking a closer look at the seeds their colours and shapes got me really thinking about the particular plants and where I would want to place them when they start to grow.


All these seeds I have potted up and waiting for them to grow.  I have had success with the Moringa and the squash which have sprouted up almost immediately.


The Palm seed above also sprouted and I have the makings of a small plant so far.  The others will probably take a few more days to germinate.  I really loved this way of documenting the seeds that I have found and all in all, I am quite pleased with the page and will share more of what I have been growing during the week.

For Tiare's class we were encouraged to play and create what she calls splatter, splotch and splash art. 



It is such a freeing exercise and I plan to do more.  You are playing with the paints, on the page and allowing the colours to take shape, loved it
 

I must say that the Journey Within online course is something that your going to want to take part in.  Already there is so many juicy techniques in the classes and so much more to come. Why not join us on this journey and you can be sure that by the end of the year you will have so many areas of your life impacted by taking part.  

To find out more information, click on the link above and join us for a journey of a lifetime!








2 comments :

  1. That's awesome! Good luck on that and hope to hear more about it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am just realizing you actually hooked up with kiala with book in a day. wow

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...