How many resolutions have you made?I think most of us do at some point or another, and in January everyone wants to get set to make the most of the ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ and see changes in their life. By February, we are a bit shocked at how quickly the time has passed and now that we are in the middle of March how many courses have you signed up for now??
10 Day Challenge in your own time
Old Habits ......
|Mixed Media Art - Amanda Trought, Realityarts|
Are you one of those people that like to sign up for a lot of challenges, courses or webinars and then don't follow through. It is very easy to do, we sign up for a challenge and then do not complete it, we feel guilty, can you relate to this dilemma? It is the dreaded signup for 'lots of different things' and then the realization that you really can't see them all to the end.
- Take stock of where you are in this very moment;
- Think about what you have on your plate;
- Can you really fit another thing in or should you be letting something go? and
- What would it need to look like for you to manage the additional tasks?
You are worth it!
Don't try and overload yourself with courses, there is only so much you can do. It is better to finish one and then start another one than to have two half finished courses given up because you found another one you really like. You should think about what you want to achieve at the end and the rewards may outweigh the sacrifice and hard work. You need to get some perspective and when you really take a step back, you can objectively see what needs to be done and start taking the steps to see things move along.
|Mixed Media Art|
1. Take stock of where you are;
2. Ask yourself what you need to manage the additional tasks;
3. Decide your worth, how much do you value your time;
4. What is your creative working style like – (lots of things on the go or one at a time);
5. What it would take to make it all happen and complete the journey;
6. What do you want to achieve at the end, does rewards outweigh the sacrifice and hard work;
7. How much time do you really have - Be realistic - do you need to take on this additional challenge/course now? Are you willing to walk away, or reschedule for a later date?
8. Keep it simple, break it down into doable chunks and don't feel guilty!
Think about the things that take up your time and how you can change things to work better for you – there’s a challenge for you!!