Monday 8 December 2014

Material Mondays - Embrace Me - Mixed Media Wall Hanging

I have been hooked on creating these wall hangings for quite a while, and haven't lost my zeal for creating them.  I have a few more ideas that I want to try out and because of the time it takes to complete need to make room for them.



I started this one about a month ago, laying down the initial colours and adding the machine stitching.




It is called 'Embrace Me' measuring approximately 4"x8" and the majority of my work that I create is about relationships. 


The relationships that we have with others and the one that we have with ourselves, how we encourage and support our selves, being gentle with our hearts.




The thing that takes time is the embellishing but it is such a therapeutic activity that you can get lost in.  It is also an activity that you can do while sitting with the family and not feel as if you have shut yourself away in the studio, again these wall hangings remind me about the relationships that I have with others.


   
Thanks for stopping by Material Mondays where I share a project that involves either working with fabric in some way or crochet.  If you want to learn how to crochet or work with fabric and a number of other courses, then check out Craftsy.  For all new subscribers they have a selection of free online classes, and are always running a special offer on some of their fee paid classes

Craftsy.com
Check out some of their courses!

3 comments :

  1. What lovely ladies. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol, how's the book arts coming along? Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are going well in this area. However; there are days when I have "artist block". That's when I just paint papers or doodle.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...