Saturday 29 December 2012

Reflections and New Beginnings



December for me always brings about a feeling of renewal especially towards the end of the month as we look towards a new year.  A time to bring some projects to an end and find renewed strength after a period of reflection. To face a new year with new opportunities, adventures and circumstances.  This is a time to think about the new seeds that you will sow - those ideas, goals and dreams that you want to see in 2013 take shape and grow.  I feel the drive to take stock over what I have done during the year – what was a hit, what missed - deciding what the best choices for what I want to achieve. 

I find it also important this year to look at my current state of health and make changes if necessary.  I didn’t do as much walking as I would normally do this year and definitely felt the effects of an unhealthy body.  I also found out I was deficient in quite a few vitamins which may have been the cause for the allergies that presented themselves.  I tried to convince the doctor that a prescription for a holiday in the sun would be the right course of action, but she couldn’t quite get passed the cheaper version of supplements instead!  So armed with my scarf, gloves and several layers we will see the start of a regular time for exercise as I reinvest in my physical health and well-being.
Personal development is also an area that requires focus to see how you can grow.   It is important to see growth as part of a continual process for all areas of our life, it is essential for our creativity.  I do think it is important to have a personal development plan to enable you to either perfect a skill or learn a new one.  I did a few courses and workshops this year, including Hello Soul Hello Business, 21 Secrets and Motley Soul Mixed Media  - check out some of the workshops yourself.  There is always something useful to learn - it is a continuous process.

There has been also been changes in the health of loved ones and I try and think of new ways to adapt to the changing needs of my mother who has dementia or the resurfacing of the multiple myeloma for my bother.  I ask for you all to continue to lift our family in your thoughts and prayers.

Yes December for me brings thoughts of tying up loose ends and embracing the new journeys and not running from them.  I won’t run from the new challenges ahead, some will be unexpected and some we might have some notice about, but while we have this life, let’s live it to the full and as we are blessed, remember to be a blessing!  Why wait!

8 comments :

  1. Thinking of you and sending best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's wishing you and yours a Happy New Year and the peace of God be with you all. Keep on inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda - I hope to read & respond to more blog posts this year - I love seeing what others are up to - Happy New Year to you and yours!
    ~Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello beautiful...lovely to see your latest artwork. Wishing you an even more creative New Year. -Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to you as you face the challenges of a new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! I hope the challenges you face are few and far between. Good luck on your fitness goals. I am so in need of making that a priority this year. I sit to much (receptionist) with 4 hrs on my butt on the trains commuting, and more sitting crafting. UGH. Thanks for the inspiration to put that on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of my sentiments as well. I wish you all the best in staying in the success lane in 2013.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peaches, wishing you a happy new year as well.

    Carol, hope that you are well, thinking of you and your family.

    Kristine, its great to visit your blog as well, looking forward to seeing what adventures you get up to this year.

    Linda, we can't let another year go by without seeing each other in the flesh. Looking forward to spending some creative time with you.

    Julie, many thanks for your visit, would love to pass by your blog as well.

    Winnie let me know how you get on - you can do it!

    Lee looking forward to our next challenge for 2013

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...