Saturday 4 May 2013

Reflections on the A - Z Blogger Challenge 2013

 

Another action packed, fun filled, stress and laughter inducing, insightful, touching and meaningful month was had in April.  Whilst I am relieved that the A-Z blogging challenge has finally finished, it feels like there is a big hole left - which will be quickly filled visiting those blogs that I didn't get to see..

I will start out by saying a big THANK YOU to Lee and all the team of Ambassadors and Co-hosts that helped, supported, cheered by the side lines as we rolled out our posts and left encouraging comments.

For my challenge I had decided that it was to be a celebration of life, I listed a range of encouraging words that I would talk about, we often don't get to celebrate our achievements, shining the light on our gifts, staying motivated to keep going.  Being a creative can be an isolating journey but its the collaboration and connection and network that you can find to participate in that makes it so rewarding.  On top of the encouraging words I decided to push myself and complete a series of paintings and journal pages, it became challenging towards the end but I am so glad I kept on going.  It was great to be able to visit so many more participants and I was able to share the links of some of the other participants whose blog began with the letter for the day, there are still a few to visit, but I can take my time now.


Two highlights happened in April I was able to share the news of being chosen to participate in an Art and Healing Exhibition  (running until 5th June 2013) showing the ways in which art can be used to impact on health and well-being.  And the other highlight was meeting up for the first time with Hilary from Positive Letters, - she came to the opening of the exhibition, and I shared this in my Relationships post.

All in all it was an enjoyable month, I really glad I participated for another year, many connections were made and I look forward to keeping in touch with new found friends.  If you were thinking of joining in and didn't  I recommend that you get ready for next year, you will not look at your blog in the same way and definitely get more out than you put in.  I am looking forward to the challenges that lay ahead and look forward to seeing you on the journey!


19 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda .. meeting up with you was a real pleasure and a surprising treat - lucky I was going to be in London that day ... all in all the meeting at the hospital Street Gallery fitted in easily too.

    So pleased you were able to join in with so much going on ... and thank you for highlighting blogs matching the letter of the alphabet each day - that was a great idea ...

    You have a wealth of wise words and thoughts for us all to mull over - ideas, thoughts, care, comfort, support ... all come at us in funny ways - something suddenly clicks ..

    Love your colours and your bright sparkle for life .. I always remember your mother dancing round the table with you!!

    Enjoy the Art4Therapy ... cheers and see you soon I hope - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely treat meeting up with you, and I had a really great time at the exhibition as well as on the challenge. Thank you for all your support.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being chosen to participate in the Art and Healing Exhibition! How exciting that you got to meet Hilary! She is such a wonderful person. Sounds like you had an amazing April. I always enjoy seeing your lovely artwork, and I'm glad that good things are coming your way.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, many thanks, April was indeed a rollacoster and I have nearly recovered!

      Delete
  3. I've so enjoyed following along your journey this last month and I look forward to continuing to follow along! I'm so impressed you pulled off creating a piece AND blogging every day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leese, thank you so much, it was stressful at times but the joy of participating and now knowing that I have reached the finish line has been a blessing.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the completion of the Challenge and the great Reflection Post.

    Yvonne.
    A TO Z AMBASSADOR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just like you I am at a bit of a loss now that the challenge is complete. I too am looking at all the blogs I didn't get a chance to visit. Oh, and I am glad we've met :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhondi, looking forward to visiting your blog again, hope your roadtrip goes well.

      Delete
  6. excited for you and the exhibit - yeh
    Loved the art work you shared over the month
    hope you continue to use your art in a way that encourages others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, many thanks for stopping by, and your encouraging words. The exhibition is going well and is soon to be touring.

      Delete
  7. I always enjoy your posts, Amanda. Congrats on your selection for the exhibit!
    Blessings!
    Blessings!
    Pam at 2 Encourage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, its been a while, out of sight but not out of mind, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Awesome. I'm jealous you got to meet Hilary, who is a favorite person of mine, but so happy for both of you. Congrats on the exhibit, and the wonderful month of posts.
    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-host, April 2013 A-Z Challenge Blog
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, yes she is a lovely lady, with a beautiful spirit!

      Delete
  9. I love the bird illustration, and it turned out quite well. It would make a lovely illustration in a tropical cafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. J, thank you, I'm thinking of adding a few finishing touches, I would love to visit a topical cafe:)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on finishing A to Z challenge> Believe it or not, I'm looking forward to next year. I did not visit as many blogs as I would like during the challenge but now I'm visiting every single one with reflections post.
    Evalina, This and that...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...