Sunday 29 March 2015

Material Mondays - Fabric Wall Hangings - Love is the Key

It has been a while since I make one of these as they are quite detailed and there are so many different directions that I love working in as a mixed media artist.  I think that these satisfy the side of me that likes order, my left brain side that wants things organised and put in its place.



With each one I make I learn and experiment that much more in an attempt to encourage the tools to do what I am visioning in my mind.


Sourcing the embellishments and jewelry to use are also great fun, and then the placement of each is equally as important as selecting the colours to use in the overall composition.


The colours and the textures blending together all with a purpose, a story, thought or memory as the backdrop to the piece.


I have several more that I am working on that will be part of the 'Piece of Me' exhibition next year, and I look forward to telling you more about it soon.  

Next week I will be sharing with you ways in which you can use Chamois leather in your creative projects!

If your interested in learning new techniques check out Craftsy below.


Craftsy.com  

Crochet, Knitting and much more! Every Monday on Material Mondays I share a project that involves either working with fabric in some way or crochet. If you want to learn how to crochet or work with fabric and a number of other courses, then check out Craftsy. For all new subscribers they have a selection of free online classes, and are always running a special offer on some of their fee paid classes.


2 comments :

  1. I am blown away by this piece! So much work and love put into it! Just wonderful! ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Conny, thanks for visiting. I have really enjoyed doing them and have a few more in the pipeline, because they are small you can take them anywhere and work on them when you have a spare moment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...