Sunday 1 March 2015

BBC - Wanted in Paradise - Trip to Barbados

Wanted in Paradise - Me, Alan and Sekani as we visit one of 3 properties on the island
Wanted in Paradise - Our accomodation
Last year we had the opportunity to take a trip to Barbados with the BBC to see what it would be like to live there. You can see the post I wrote HERE 


The Wanted in Paradise series follows 8 families around to see what goes into the decision to relocating to another country, and we went to sunny Barbados.  We explored the heartache and soul searching that goes into making a decision in a search for a better quality of life.

You can see our program HERE

Wanted in Paradise
We met lots of people and found out lots of information to help us inform our decision. For those of you that are familiar with my blog and my story as a carer you will know that I look after my mother who is suffering from dementia, so thoughts of relocation will have to be thought through with great care.

I have always thought my ideal will be the ability to stay in both places when the weather is at its' best - 6 months in the UK and 6 months in Barbados, obviously my work - art and creativity have to be able to be flexible and in an ideal world I will have an gorgeous studio like the artist I met - Janice Silvia Brock

 Studio Space

The program aired on Thursday and there were lots that we filmed that wasn't included, people we had talked to and family members who had given their point of view.  I guess that there is a limit in an hour to what can be included and you would probably need a whole new show to fit every thing in!

Overall I felt that it gave a flavor of the decisions that we had to make the difficulty of the very thought of leaving family and friends behind to embark on a new place to call home.  Take a look and see how difficult the decision was and what we eventually decide.

Stay blessed and be a blessing!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...