Friday 13 November 2020

Stitched Projects - Wall Hanging

 

Here is one of my recently finished stitched wall hangings.

It is a mixed media piece that includes fabrics, beading, slow stitching and Moringa Wood that has been harvested from my garden and then wood burned.


The nature of the piece encourages reflection.  The stitching by hand encourages you to slow down, the addition of seed beads and jewelry embellishments sets the whole piece off.


I find the stitching to be very therapeutic as well as selecting the threads and the embellishments that want to be added.



The wood that is harvest from the garden has to be stripped first, then dried before it can be wood burned. This piece is available for sale and I will be adding it to my website if you would like to welcome it into your home.


Thank you for joining me, Stay blessed and be a blessing.



2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...