Friday 23 April 2021

Turning a Composition Notebook into an Art Journal

I recently brought myself a Composition notebook to create an art journal with.  The are fairly cheap and you can pick them up at the Dollar or local store.  In this video I share with you how I transform the first pages.



I wanted to use supplies that I had been holding on for a while and got a selection of handmade papers, words, atc cards and Gelatos that I had sitting in a draw.


We can sometimes be really precious about our supplies, leaving them for what we call 'best' and not ending up using them at all and before you know it the supply has dried up and you have wasted your money.




What I plan to do with this art journal is to share some of the process pages - sharing techniques and ideas so that you can try them as well in your journals.


The more I played with the page the more supplies came out and I stencilled on the page and made marks and brought the page together.

I realised how many cards and papers that I had painted on and left in the bag that I was able to use. They now have a home in the composition art journal and it is also a great escape for me to be able to be a lot freer with my supplies.

If you would like to see the FULL version of this video in 'real time' you can do so HERE on my Patreon account.



Stay blessed and be a blessing.
































No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...