Friday 6 May 2011

April Reflections

April has come and gone and now a new month is upon us with promises of the unexpected, new opportunities, revelation and understanding.


Looking back on April saw my participation of the A-Z challenge on both of my blog sites. After I had committed to the challenge I wondered just exactly what I was thinking to commit myself to writing 52 posts!  It was a struggle and part way through I wanted to give up, especially when life threw some unexpected curve balls!

Moving onwards, I decided to focus on what I wanted to get out of my participation in the challenge and this included improving and being more consistent in my posts, find interesting creatives and blogs, and most of all I wanted to finish!  I dug deep, kept my eye on the finish line and persevered posting 2 and 3 posts when I fell behind, and appreciated all the comments that I got with my posts.  I have connected with some amazing writers and artists, and feel more confident in my writing and more focused in the things I want to achieve with my creativity.  I also was given award above by Elizabeth 

Since completing the challenge I took a break from blogging and just spent time with family and painting. I have been going for long walks which is especially nice since we have had some lovely weather. 

Took a trip to Regents Park and also used it as an opportunity to take some photographs; it was a sunny but breezy day, when we came back I was exhausted.  I’ve also spent the time creating a supply of handmade books among other things. It’s great to get back to the supplies and reacquaint myself.


If ever there was a challenge needed it's now, we need to shake ourselves up a bit and look outside our window. Outside your front door there are amazing things happening, people getting involved in a range of things some that you would never even imagine. Taking part in challenges allows you to stretch and grow and see your situation and life in ways that you may never have dreamed of. It gets you connecting with people from all walks of life and you come out with a renewed outlook...Whats your next challenge going to be?

11 comments :

  1. You participated with two blogs? You win!
    And now my challenge is to finish revisions on my second book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed following your A to Z Challenge posts, Amanda. I have decided to try the Z to A Challenge from www.writewrongorindifferent.com and I enrolled in an online poetry course through www.ed2go.com so my challenges are layed out for me. I will stop back and see what has become your new challenge. Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda! Congrats on finishing the A to Z challenge! I'm so glad you are taking a break to do the things you love and be with the ones you love. :)

    I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Pick it up here:http://melissakline.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm following you know.

    I totally take advantage of the blogger feature that lets you chose when to post. Sometimes I'm in a creative mood and pump them out one after the other. That way I have something when I'm too busy.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to stick with it Amanda! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger eh?

    I'm looking forward to several tedious revisions to songs I'm not sure I love as much as I should anymore. It's going to be rigorous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked that you touched on 'challenges'. It seems very timely for me personally. I just left a blog that talked about goals and dreams and this seems to fall right in that same realm. I think someone is trying to tell me something! Tahnks for the post.
    -Bethanie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Amanda! You are my hero! You did this with 2 blogs?! Girlfriend, you are amazing! Did you ever receive your bookmark? I sent them about 2-3 weeks ago-2nd try. Take care and continue to inspire us with your words and beautiful works of art. Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! A break is always a bit sweeter after an accomplishment like that, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing the A to Z challenge. But so good you took time to paint and walk and break from blogging. :)

    I love long walks, too.

    So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
    I am your newest blog follower. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

    I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex, thank you will check up on you to see how the book is going.

    Pam, its been great reading your posts. Well done for starting another challenge.

    Melissa, the break has been good, finding my feet again. Many thanks for the award!

    Bella, thanks for visiting, have been checking it out as well, its coming in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crystal,indeed these challenges makes us understand how much we really have within us! Sometimes going back and revising our work adds that extra bit of spice that was missing!

    Bethanie, thanks for your visit

    Bless you Cynthia, always enjoy passing by your blog!

    Deidra, too true!

    Mary, thank you for following, will check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...