Tuesday 28 April 2015

Clay Dolls - Grace

I wanted to share with you something that I started last year, but only just got around to finishing. I have been busy in my studio and also just reassessing a lot of things and so posting kind of got put to the side.  Anyway there are a lot of things I want to share over the next few weeks.

Having taken Soul Food 2014 it was in one of Mysteles classes where we made a clay doll.  Working with clay was newish to me, I had made a bowl and a few other things, but never really considered making a doll in anything other than fabric.

Grace - Clay doll
Well, I have grown realize as I have been making her how much I enjoyed working with clay, and this only came as I pressed in with trying to finish her.  When I got over half way to completing her, I saw that like my paintings she had a story.  I feel that each character has a story to tell, and a message meant for someone somewhere in the world and I am so pleased to have been able to let her bring her message of hope, love, peace and joy.


Her name is Grace, and she has been dressed in ribbed tights, a pinkish lace rimmed top and goldish/black shawl, head dress and a flower brooch, the head dress, shawl and top are made of fabric.  She has a clutch bag with her for the most important things she might need to carry
.

Accessorized with jewelry with beads and a mini key which unlocks hopes and dreams.  She and a chain at the back which allows you to hang her in a most prominent place.  I am hoping to find Grace a good home and will be putting her up in my Etsy store over the next few days.  

Grace has a story to tell!
She will be joined by some more clay art dolls that I will be making, as I explore this lovely way of expressing creativity. Watch this space!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...