Monday 22 October 2018

Stepping Out Challenge - Day 22, 52 Weeks of Colour Pt 2





Today we will look at Part 2 of the 52 Weeks of Colour and Inspiration.

Welcome to today's post, I am taking part in a 31 day blog challenge where I post everyday in October.  I love creating challenges for myself and joining ones by others.  My challenge for the rest of the month is to reflect on some of the series I created for myself and inspiration that I have taken away.



Listen to the Podcast



Welcome to todays post. I am going to be talking about a series called 52 Weeks of Colour and Inspiration. 

Not one to shy away from a challenge I constantly push myself to show up on a daily basis to work on my creative practice and reflect on how far I have come.  It is really useful to spend the time getting to know yourself better through your craft and seeing if there are any areas that you can push the boundaries even further, whether it is trying new materials, using your materials in an unusual way and just playing and mastering your craft.  


When I decided part way though the challenge to write longer reflections I thought back to the challenge that I did on Day 17 & 18 for the 100 words minimum per day.  I had days where I couldn’t think of anything to write much less than 100 words, but I was present and got it done.  


It showed me that the work that I had done writing 100 word challenge put me in the perfect place not to be overwhelmed by writing and there wasn’t any one standing around saying it wasn’t perfect or I shouldn’t do it as I wasn’t a writer. 
The ‘critic’ did try and get in there every now and again but I did it anyway, feeling the fear and focusing on the one person that might be blessed from what I was doing.  I really enjoyed that particular challenge.  Along with the others that I have worked on I have additional content that I can re-purpose in some way.  There are so many ways in which they can be used, that now I look back I never thought I would be in this particular space


The other thing that I was able to do is practice working on digital images. I came across a number of additional flowers that I had photographed which had been sitting on my computer, they were beautiful and I was inspired by the quotes and scripture as I typed each of them out, there are amazing ways that you can be blessed that you may not have even thought of yourself.



What will you do?

I encourage you to start something different - try some of these ideas:  

  • You can start small to begin with say 5 days, just dive in.  Plan what you need to but don’t over think it so that you talk yourself out of doing it.  
  • You don’t have to post it online for others to see but if you do you will have a cheering committee who want to see your success and it will keep you accountable.  
  • You will clearly see if it is something that you want to keep doing or not but you will also come out of it richer for having tried it.


Tomorrow I will share the challenge I did called Creating in Faith.  I hope during this month you find some time to challenge, be creative and stretch yourself.

    Why not join me each day for the rest of October as we dive into to some exciting challenges and look at ways in which they can impact on your own life. 

    I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, it is never too late to start! The main thing is to take one step at a time and do something that you find interesting.

    Stay blessed and be a blessing.



    Ps:  If you are on a budget and would like to check out some gardening supplies/books at a discounted price, check out one of the links below:


    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...