Sunday 14 October 2018

Stepping Out Challenge - Day 14 - Healthy Lifestyle Part 2






Welcome to today's post, I am taking part in a 31 day blog challenge where I post everyday in October.  I love creating challenges for myself and joining ones by others.  My challenge for the rest of the month is to reflect on some of the series I created for myself and inspiration that I have taken away.

Listen to the Podcast



Welcome to today's post. 


 There can be many times when you are taking part in a challenge when you want to throw in the towel, this can be the case if you have too many complex parts to complete and your not in the head space to handle all the different elements. 



 Rather than throw in the towel it is better to cut you list down to a few items that you are doing, if not just one thing that you will complete for the challenge period.

It can be quite disheartening if you are always stopping mid way in a challenge and you have to give yourself the best start as possible and keep what you have to share down to a minimum. You don’t want to get lost in what needs editing or having to take photographs of your process.  Above all you need to keep it simple.


There is also no 'right time' for starting a challenge.  In this challenge I started the middle of the month, rather than try and wait until the 1st of the month, any day is the right day to start a challenge.

Living a healthy lifestyle is something that you need to keep reminding yourself that there isn't a final destination, but you need to see it as something that is for the rest of your life.


When I did the challenge I chose share the smoothies that I was making daily and I would mention briefly how I got on with the other things, such as whether I was able to stick to the other things and some things that I wanted to add such as a creative activity as well.

Over the period I made 30 different smoothies and I am really proud of getting them done. I used Almond and oat milks as my liquid of choice and blended a selection of fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds together and over the 30 days changed up the combinations so that each one was unique. You use which ever liquid that you prefer.


The aim was to make sure that I kept it simple so that I couldn’t find an excuse to stop and here are a few tips as a reminder to keep going: 


  • Take one day at a time; 
  • Follow through, remember that you are doing it for you!; 
  • If you have an off day don't just scrap the whole thing, but start again tomorrow; 
  • Don't be too hard on yourself, change takes time; 
  • Enjoy yourself! 
What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes? let me know what other areas of your life are you hoping to make changes.



 you can check out the the start of the challenge HERE
Try out one of the smoothies and let me know how you get on, which one is your favorite one?

Tomorrow I will share the Clearing The Clutter Series.  I hope during this month you find some time to challenge, be creative and stretch yourself.


    Why not join me each day for the rest of October as we dive into to some exciting challenges and look at ways in which they can impact on your own life. 



    I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, it is never too late to start! The main thing is to take one step at a time and do something that you find interesting.



    Stay blessed and be a blessing.


    Ps:  If you are on a budget and would like to check out some supplies/books at a discounted price, check out one of the links below:

    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...