Sunday 21 October 2018

Stepping Out Challenge - Day 21 - 52 Weeks of Colour & Inspir






Today I am going to be talking about a series on my blog
I did called 52 Weeks of Colour and Inspiration


Welcome to today's post.  If you are new to my blog then I am taking part in a 31 day blog challenge where I post everyday in October.  I love creating challenges for myself and joining ones by others.  My challenge for the rest of the month is to reflect on some of the series I created for myself and inspiration that I have taken away.

Listen to the Podcast





52 Weeks of Colour and Inspiration came directly after the year long challenge 365 Days of Colour.  I enjoyed the first one so much that I wanted to do another one, but not have it be as intensive as the last, it shows you how quickly a year goes by and you need to make sure you decide what you want to do as it is also so easy to waste and not receive a refund for those wasted years.  

I usually find that I approach the challenges one day and want to start the next without any rest, organisation or planning, committing myself to get going and thinking about the time I have just knowing that someone is going to be blessed so it has to be done immediately!

I was able to talk myself out of starting another daily year long project to give up half way as it is quite disheartening and it is easier to think about all that you haven’t done rather than what you achieved in the time.  The weekly challenge gave me a bit of a breather, and as there were additional elements to it I didn't end up feeling overwhelmed.


The challenge consisted of me taking images of flowers that I had photographed and applying new skills by altering the images, sharing a quote, scripture, a word and reflecting on that word that I had chosen to represent that week.  Half way during the year I started to add ‘thoughts for the week’, and it meant that I had to commit to writing.  I would take the word and then write in more detail about what it meant for me.  



Taking part in this challenge got me out of my comfort zone as once I had written and posted the first ‘thought for the week’  then I had to be consistent and think about what it was that I did think and let it be something that would bless the reader.  I was able to give each part of the process more thought and the words that I came up with for each week were ones that I also was able to meditate on for my own life.



Things to Ponder

  • When you think about your own life what does committing to a long term project mean for you, 
  • what emotions come up, 
  • is it something that you find you have some resistance to
  • When you think of the process involved can you reflect upon and pick out some nuggets of learning

Tomorrow I will share the second part from my 52 Weeks of Colour and Inspiration, remember to check out the podcasts, where I add a little bit extra.  I hope during this month you find some time to challenge, be creative and stretch yourself.

    Why not join me each day for the rest of October as we dive into to some exciting challenges and look at ways in which they can impact on your own life. 

    I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, it is never too late to start! The main thing is to take one step at a time and do something that you find interesting.

    Stay blessed and be a blessing.

    Ps:  If you are on a budget and would like to check out some  supplies/books at a discounted price, check out one of the links below:

    No comments :

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...