Tuesday 19 April 2022

Neurgraphic Inspired, Art Coloring Pages, & Your Creative Practice


Neurographic Art Inspired



I have been on a creative journey - I still am where I have been exploring the creative practice call 'Neurographic Art'  If you would like more information about it I put several links in the video I created below.


You can check out the video I created HERE


I have been finding the whole process very therapeutic and have been almost compelled every day to do something in my art journals either with color on the page or starting with a figure and working around it.  I have 3 art journals that I work in at the moment.  I think I am drawn to it because you have to to slow down and take your time creating the marks, and it is a welcomed break to the busy social media and online world.

The marks that I am doing in my art journals and have been developing is no longer done in the neurographic art parameters, but include lines and rounded shapes on the page and I have brought in my mark making on the page.  I also have been working with a lot of figures and creating the lines and shapes around them.  I have always felt that it is important for us to spend time on a daily basis doing something creative and making marks and patterns in my art journal enables me to reflect, be still and bring my thoughts back to a place filled with encouragement and nurturing.

I started working on a canvas that I had left for quite some time, and I added the lines and rounded shapes and I feels as if it went into the direction that was needed.  It is called Voyage.  The shapes and the patterns on their faces have developed with each painting I complete.


I took elements recently of creating on the face and used it in one of the download tutorials that I was sharing with my Patreons this month. 

Patreon

 Each month on the $3 Tier one of the things that the Patrons receive is a set of digital downloads papers - a pattern that I have designed and I do a video tutorial on how I am using it and give some suggestions of additional ways in which it can be used.  This is the page they received this month along with a set of tags with the same design.



I think that it is great to see it as a challenge, some of the ways that it can be used and helps with your creative process, stretches you and maybe help you to express yourself using your creativity.


This is the image I came up with as I played with the shapes with color and the figure appeared.  I couldn't resist adding the marks and the shapes and it was a lovely way again to take time out of a busy day to touch base with myself.  I encourage my patrons to use the exercises as a way to develop their own creative practice.  The other thing created with the sheet was a set of matchbox mini art journals.

Love is like a Butterfly

Today with the 100 Days of Handmade Foam Stamps I shared this Butterfly foam stamp.  I have been creating with precut foam and ones that I have to cut myself.  The foam is varied in thickness and you get some lovely results depending on the tools that you use to create the designs on the foam.

This stamp shape had been machine cut and it is firm to work on so when you cut it with that craft knife you get some clean lines.


Thank you for joining me on the blog today, stay blessed and be a blessing


********************************************

If you would like to see the handmade foam stamps daily you can check out my Instagram HERE


********************************************

I am also taking part in the Ultimate Blog Challenge and you can check out the previous posts HERE




********************************************

Mixed Media Art Courses to Check out


SALE - Enjoy $10 OFF all courses until 30th April Click on the image to see the course.

Use the Code at the checkout - create2






2 comments :

  1. Amanda, I love the effects you get with layering, including the dots-- so dimensional! And now I know the term "neurographic art"-- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kebba you can get some beautiful results with the layering.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...