Monday 18 April 2022

Mixed Media Art Projects - Recycled Phone Case

Recycled Phone Case Art Journal



I love using recycled materials and had gone to my charity store and picked up a phone case.  It was slightly too big for my phone so I thought I would make use of it and create a mini art journal.

I talk about the journal in the video below, and I have included some close up images of the pages as well.



On the front of the art journal I used some of my favorite handmade paper infused with gold, looks lovely doesn't it, one of my favorite colors which I use a lot when painting too.  


One of the motivations for the journal was to use the elements that I had been holding on to for what we call 'best' or 'one day' but that day never comes.  It is important to use your supplies rather than holding onto them for that one special day.  Allow yourself to be included in the special day and use it on yourself.



The journal is made up of handmade paper and I have included making use of space where I can add additional elements If I were travelling with the journal - a water brush and some water colors always travel well and have minimum cleanup.


I added sentiments that are reminders 'You are beautiful - Shine your Light' reminds us that we all have something to offer and that we need to not only shine our light for ourselves, but for others who you are impacting and helping them to be brave or step out and shine their own light.


How many times have you been self conscious about what you are doing, not because you can't do it, but you are listening to the negative talk of others.  Sometimes it is that throw away statement that can do the most damage - but you have to 'Dance like no one is watching' again, your being who you want to be will encourage others to keep going.


Each page has either an encouraging word or scripture, and also space for adding doodles or mark making.


Every page is a constant reminder to dream big, follow your heart and do the things that bring you closer to your goals.


Some of the sentiments I use especially when working on a challenge and I am working on two at the same time, the 100 Days of Handmade Foam and the Ultimate Blog challenge.  There are some days that I have not felt like posting, and sometimes you don't, and you find a way of dealing with it and then getting back on course.  I take the necessary breaks that I need, all the time reminding myself of my overall goal.


Explore, Imagine, Dream is the title of this page.  I recommitted myself to share as part of the blog challenge, to not only encourage myself but others as well - I am sharing what I love, creativity and the process.


This pages sentiments - You are unique, a miracle, don't ever compare yourself with anyone else.  Take a look back, you have come a long way, this is not your destination.

I hope you find the things that motivate and encourage you and that you take one step in front of the other to reach the goals you desire.

Blessings!


********************************************


100 Days of Handmade Foam Stamps


If you would like to see the stamps daily you can check out my Instagram HERE



********************************************

I am also taking part in the Ultimate Blog Challenge and you can check out the posts HERE




********************************************

Mixed Media Art Courses to Check out


SALE - Enjoy $10 OFF all courses until 30th April Click on the image to see the course.

Use the Code at the checkout - create2






8 comments :

  1. This is so positive, encouraging, creative, and colorful!!! I love it so much!!!! Thank you for sharing your joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with dreaming big! It's what gives you something to aim for and strive towards. I also think that following your heart is crucial in finding happiness and fulfillment in life.
    Life is too short to spend it doing things you don't love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen, your right, I have been finding the older I get the more those words ring loud and clear!

      Delete
  3. Amanda, there is a joy and richness to your work that is unique and ebullient! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! This mixed media recycled journal is simply amazing (and inspiring!!).. I think I am going to have this as a summer project for my daughter and me..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...