Sunday 18 August 2013

Holy Spirit - Creating in Faith

I woke up this morning with a purpose there were many things that I wanted to get done, I needed to do yet another list to accompany the list I had from before just to make sure that I wouldn't leave anything off.  I had planed to rise earlier and restart my morning walks, since I've been away I got out of practise and hadn't been pushing myself as I had done prior to going away, but I am determined to take action with my health and make a change to what I am doing. 
Book mark with encncouraging words..
 
I know the walk would have been lovely, feeling the breeze against my skin, hearing the morning sounds of the birds in their nests, and the stillness as everyone sleeps.  The more I walked the easier it became and the aches and pains decreased. This morning it started slower, no longer able to blame jet lag for my lethargy I have to take myself to task and recognise that when you allow things to drift or get out of shape you can become complacent.  We can become complacent with our health, our lives our surroundings and before you know it you look around and wonder how it got so far.

We should be treating our bodies as the temple that they are, and watch how we treat it with the correct food and exercise.  Equally where we live and the environment should show how we care about ourselves.  This morning it felt as if the scales were lifted from my eyes and I saw the things that had been allowed to pile up, the clutter and potential mess that was brewing, and I knew that it was time, enough is enough.  


As a mixed media artist I have told myself that I need all the things I have cause they can be recycled, re-purposed and used in my art, and I have created some lovely things that I have yet to share.  The truth is I can't use everything, but there is someone out there that needs the very thing I have allowed to gather dust.  I can't turn everything into an art project and some things have to make their way to the recycling centre.  I don't know about you but the minimalistic lifestyle is becoming more and more enticing.  Being on holiday (I will share some of the photos on Tuesday) we had beautiful surroundings clear of any clutter and coming back home I had to wonder whose house it was, because it is not reflecting where I am or want to be in my life.  And it's beginning to feel as if everything is in need of a shake up!

The Holy Spirit is working within us to stir up our gifts and release them in the world, that we can be a generation along with the ones to come that see possibilities, stepping out and stirring up the water, people who are not afraid of change or doing things differently, that are bold in a world where there are people crying out in need!  

What can you identify in your life that needs shaking up, or changing and what steps can you make today?



The greatest among you shall be your servant.  And whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted... Matthew 23:11-12

He who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully...11 Corinthians 9:6

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 1 Peter 1:15

 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38


6 comments :

  1. Thanks Amanda for this post. I am exactly where you are, and have been downsizing a bit here and a bit there. I also believe in exercising the body and eating well. You have just confirmed my inhibitions. My saying for the last few years has been "less is more".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carol, great to hear from you, we have been having some great weather so the exercising is coming. I really would like to get the sorting out finished, but one day at a time!

      Delete
  2. I've gone through this process too. As a multi-media artist I had a studio, then a house full of interesting collected items. Then I decided 'Enough! I will from now on only make images that can be fitted inside a drawer.'
    It helped that I became a writer around that time. I now express myself through illustrating my books, and through taking photos to put on my blog. Much less clutter now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illustrating your books sounds like a great idea, with all the new technology it does help quite a lot reign some of the stuff in, but then they bring out a new gadget:)

      Delete
  3. Hi Amanda .. decluttering to my mind leads to a clearer brain .. I'm having another go now.

    So pleased you had a happy time away - it does make a change, even for a few days ..

    However health is definitely something I need to address - exercise specifically .. I need to do more walking too .. thanks for the reminder .. happy week - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find clearing the mind early in the morning quite nice, especially when the house is quite and nothing has stirred. It is a good idea to start walking while we still have some good weather:)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...