Sunday 25 August 2013

Food - Creating in Faith





We eat to nourish our bodies, hoping to get the right vitamins and minerals thus enabling our bodies do a variety of activities.  We know that sometimes we can eat food not for the nourishment but the feeling associated and there is also a social aspect to eating food and we can eat without thinking about what we are putting into our mouths.  

For some there are foods that will cause immediate harm when consumed, and those with allergies are very careful about what they eat. For those with an intolerance, and there are times when knowing that you have a problem with a particular food this is over ridden by the feeling you get having eaten it and you then have to deal with the consequences when this happens.  I have been guilty of this, in the last two years I've had to give up wheat, dairy, and more recently soya but every now and then I am tempted to eat one of these food groups and then felt the effects after.  As a family we have been trying some great smoothie combinations and to get more fruit and vegetables into our diet.
 
Green smoothie - using spinach and, pears and apples
Nourishing our bodies can also take the shape of getting regular exercise, and rest, giving ourselves the necessary breaks and this is something that cannot be over looked.  You know how you feel when you have been taking regular exercise and if allow your circumstances to get in the way and you take a break from it you will begin to feel all the aches and pains and start feeling sluggish.  I am currently at that point where before I went away on holiday I had started a great exercise routine even carrying it into the first week of the holiday, and then I allowed stuff to get in the way and have in the two weeks since coming back not got my routine going, but now that I have owned up, will get on the case!

Having nourished our bodies, our minds have to be nourished, rest plays a part in this but we have to feed the mind with information that will edify, we have to ensure that we are continuing to learn new things, don’t let a month go by without you having read a new book, or considered a new idea, or taken a course.  There is no point in your life where you can say ‘I’ve learnt all there is to know about everything’, we have to continue to challenge ourselves and grow. 
Creating in Faith Bookmark holder
Lastly we have to feed our spirits with the nourishing word that comes from God.  We have to be in the ‘Word’ on a daily basis, applying the principles to our lives, renewing our mind, seeing what insights we can gain, and how the word applies to what we need to do.  We grow spiritually and we also have to look at our lives and question how we have grown from yesterday, last week, month and last year, it can’t be the same thing year after year, we have to be making an impact into the lives of others using our gifts and abilities as we meditate and apply his word. 


As an artist I see much of where my purpose lies with the creative field, I want to bless others with my art, my words, and all the other creative areas that I am passionate about, and so too as an artist there is still much to learn, new things to try, and doors to go through.  

What are you ‘feeding’ yourself that you need to give a rest, what new things do you need to try and how can you express that in your creativity?

Salvation is from the Lord ....Jonah 2:9

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;     if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. Proverbs 25:21

Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6

2 comments :

  1. Hi Amanda .. love the photos and those healthy foods - the green pick-me-up looks so nourishing. I'm very grateful I don't seem to have allergies - though I'm aware I need to look after my body and must, like you, get into the routine of more exercise, and eating less ... and all the range possible to gain the maximum benefits .. fresh veggies and fruits being the main components ...

    Have a happy week ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, sounds like the right way to go, hope your having a great week!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...