Sunday 29 September 2013

Wind - Creating in Faith

Wind - Creating in Faith

Creating in Faith bookmark holder

I am like the gentle breeze blowing the dandelion stalks
taking them to their new destination and home. 
I move through the trees rustling melodies each singing their own song,
I gently tug at the clinging leaves, ochre, reds and golden browns.

I am the icy winds rushing through the roof tops,
it’s time to rest a while, dream my dreams of tomorrow,
wrapped up warm, there is a different crew, time for the layers
and don’t forget your ear muffs and snow boots!

I blow away the fallen leaves, time for a spring clean,
can you hear my new song of fresh beginnings whistling
as I breathe new life, whisperings of new growth. 

We dance again among the palm trees swaying as I greet you on the beaches,
warm currents carefully caressing your skin,
winter long forgotten enjoying the harvest.

But I am unpredictable
I can soar across the oceans
and bring tales of devastation to everything in my path,
bringing the thrashing waves
while I spread the forest fires, blazing in defiance. 
I can uproot trees and send buildings to their destination of rubble. 
I come by many names, breeze, wind, gale, tornado and hurricane
each variation in degree,
in its season,
in and out of harmony with the earth.

 Yes I can bring much pain in the flash of a moment and in the next
I remind you of summers filled with aromas, perfumed flowers and
 tomorrows that have yet to come
new growth, new life, new grace.


 © Amanda Trought


He who dwells in the shelter of the most High 
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty...Psalm 91:1

But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind James 1:6

I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart Psalm 40:8

1 comment :

  1. Lovely poem Amanda, full of movement, and I do like the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...