Wednesday 5 October 2022

Book Review - Treasured Notions - Vintage Beads and More

I am so glad that you could join me for in the studio.  I am reviewing the book Treasured Notions, which is a lovely book especially for those of us who like to collect a range of materials and elements for our creative work.  You can access the book on Amazon - https://amzn.to/3Enp4vE


I had a look through some of the things that I have collected and use in my fabric work and you can see a selection of the beads that I have in my collection.  The  beads which come in all shapes and sizes, you can make your own out of recycled material as well which can be great fun. 


I have been using beads for years.  These particular ones I brought around 20 years ago, which I think makes them Vintage!  I used to wear my hair in plaits and would add the beads at the end - using the colors Red, Yellow and Green.  I was rocking it back then:)


The beads are glass so quite a few of them over the years broke.  I now use them in my mixed media stitched projects.  


As well as purchasing the beads individually or in a set, you can sometimes find some great beads at the local charity store.  At one point my local charity store was making bundles of unsold jewelry and beads, it was like a treasure hunt and you always came away with some amazing pieces, I had some great finds that are being prepped for many different projects.



One way to be creative if you don't have time to get on with a project is to maybe spend time sorting your supplies.  You would be amazed at what 5 minutes create play can do when you try and fit it into your schedule. 

Check out the Video Below that I shared as part of my Essential supplies series to get a better look.


Thank you for joining me



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...