Tuesday 12 April 2011

Environment


Take a look around, what does your environment say about you?  Are you a "place for everything and everything in its place" or a "where ever I lay my hat, that's my home" type of person and then the multitude in between. 

In the throws of spring we hear talk of spring clean, declutter, organise and as creatives perhaps we do need to think about the process we go through.  Are we holding on to what should have been weeded out long ago (ways of thinking, canvases, old equipment, and clutter), when we should be letting go and making room for the new techniques, equipment, thoughts, new collaborations, these are like the seeds waiting to be sown in our lives, and once nurtured, watered and care for will produce unexpected harvests.  You might finally have the courage to submit that work to the magazine, write the book, perform that song, do something differently, whatever it is...

A slightly tidier space!
What we see in our environment may be due for a make over, a change, a total clear out, in order to reap the benefits of the next stage...

4 comments :

  1. What a great post Amanda. I try to keep everything in it's place but like your pictures, my dining area is now converted into a studio/work area that gets cluttered so quickly. And I so agree that some things need to get cleaned up or discarded in order for the new to generate. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message!Let go the old to welcome the new.

    I am also an artist and clearly align with your thoughts of materials and ideas cluttering our environment.

    Sema
    http://expressive-impressive.blogspot.com/
    visiting from A-Z challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything in my studio has a place but I don't always return it to that place :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rasz, got some more containers and going to be doing some labelling..

    Sema, thank you for your visit, great visiting your site.

    TopazPearleGirl, know what you mean, My husband is the sort who will try and clear up my stuff so to avoid that I've tryed to clear some of the space before I go to bed or if we have visitors

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...