Saturday 16 April 2011

Health





Just started back at the gym........ well, my payment for this month has been taken.

It’s very easy to get caught up with the stresses of life and neglect certain parts of our lives. It’s also easy to talk yourself out of getting fit.  My walking challenge began with so many hopes and dreams and I began to find even the smallest excuse as to why I couldn’t go that day, so I’ve pre-packed my backs with everything I need. 
I keep reminding myself of the steam room and what a post exercise treat this will be along with those pampering products, along with some other strategies to keep myself motivated... I’m hoping to go at least 2-3 times a week and add to the ‘me time’ I invest in myself, which will help with my creativity in the long run, and may even inspire some new ideas. Think about what small changes you can make to your health routines and maybe take that first step....

8 comments :

  1. You can do it! Exercise is a really great place to find inspiration for art and writing! So...you'll be killing two birds with one stone, as they say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, I'm afraid that it is lost. Go to my ETSY shop and pick out a bookmark that you like. While you are on the site, send me an email through etsy, letting me know which one you want. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I retired I started walking 3 to 4 miles a day. And guess what? I like it and it's Free! :-)

    Have a great week :-)

    ~Ron
    *******

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking has been unexpectedly good for my creativity--I always have new ideas for jewelry or writing after I'm finished. So maybe you'll see some unexpected benefits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I walk about a mile a day even though it hurts at times. I love walking and I agree with Michelle that I find so much inspiration when I walk. I also get to meet and know my neighbors. The exercise is just an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, take it one step at a time. Even if it means just doing something once a week and increasing it from there once you get into the rhythm. It's so easy to talk ourselves out of what is good for us. I think once you get the hang of it, you'll be right there encouraging others to go for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get back to the gym too. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deidra, yes I can, and will, looking forward to many inspiring, creative ideas!

    Cynthia, bless you, will do..

    Ron, definitely, and you get to see some great sites

    Michelle, looking forward to it!

    Rasz, will definitely recommit to this challenge!

    Hunterslyonesse, will take one step at a time!

    Sarah, great to be inspiring, will be checking up on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...