Sunday 8 December 2013

Space - Creating in Faith

When I look at the valley, mountain, forests and see I know there is a God.  I don't have any of these environments near my how, we have a small local park and an open space that you can take a stroll round, and almost pretend if your close your eyes real tight that you are in a tropical type location. 

Kew Gardens - view from the treetop walk!

If you jump in your car you can come across much more open space and with a small fee you can share the experience and some is wild and others carefully tended.  As kids we were use to having access to open space, much over the years have been turned into luxury apartments!

Away on holiday, making the most of the outdoors!

One of the things we really appreciate when we go away on holiday is how much space people have, not only in the homes but outside space as well.  We make more of the space and venture out daily exploring our surroundings.  Is this purely because we are away and the cares of our daily lives have been dis-guarded as we locked up house and got in the taxi to the airport?

My sister-in-laws' back garden

Personal space

Does anyone else find that as they get older they desire to have some space from themselves - just to get time to think? I catch myself sometimes - as I tell my son to stop making so much noise wondering when my ears became so sensitive to this beating his hands on the table an unknown rhythm and expression of his creativity. Seemingly sounding like my mother did I understand and really 'get' now in my adult years what they were talking about.

Tired what can be construed as clutter I seek solace in a minimalist environment with the sound of the waves lashing in the background the fresh breeze dancing across my face.

What does the idea of space hold in your mind, how can you create more of it in your environment?

That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,    which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither whatever they do prospers.  Psalm 1:3

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...