Tuesday 17 December 2013

Tutorial Tuesday - DIY Washi Tape - using Masking tape

Tutorial Tuesday

I have been playing about with making my own Washi Type tape, using masking tape, and here is some I made creating a variety of different designs

 

Here is a journal that I used the tape on and created a series of layers for the cover.

 I got a sheet of plastic and a roll of Masking tape about 11/2 inches thick
 I spread out strips of the tape on the plastic sheeting
 And then selected some paints to use on the tape.  Here I am using inktense blocks and art bars.
Once you have painted each of the strips with a layer of colour to suit you let it dry
 I then chose a selection of stencils and stamps to each of the strips of tape
 You can put as much pattern or as little pattern as you like
 I have used some paint with these ones and then applied glitter
 And with some of them I kept it more simple

Once done I covered some card and an empty foil roll with sellotape and then wound it round each.



4 comments :

  1. I didn't know what Washi tape was...will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, yes it is worth looking up it is Japanese decorative tape, comes in lots of lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this tutorial! I'm so looking forward to making some myself now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome, thank you for visiting, looking forward to seeing how you get on.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...