Sunday 15 December 2013

Stepping out of the Boat - Creating in Faith

Time to step out of the boat


Anything that is worth having you not only have to work hardfor it, but you also have to step out of your comfort zone'.  I know that the times where I have made a bigger effort the results are more rewarding because you can appreciate the hard work that went into it. As you look back you really see your achievements and the steps you took to get where you were to where you wanted to be.  

We can sometimes get complacent, too comfortable or even lazy when it comes to making those changes, but with perseverance you will see the results of your hard work.

You need to get out of the boat and walk!
It is easy to decide to do nothing and not make changes, cause change happens whether you decide to act or not. You can do nothing and not make any decisions and decide to leave things the way that they have always been, but do you think the way it has always been done is working for you?  Take some time to think about it for a moment.  Think about what your purpose in this world, if that is too scary, think about what your purpose is for the next week and how different you want it to be, what do you want to achieve this week that you never thought possible last week, what will it look like?, who will it effect, how will it really change your life?  If you want things to be different you have to move cause change is caused by motion, whether it is on a grand scale or if it is a little bit at a time, one day, one thought, one action at a time.

Stepping out of the boat, out of our comfort zone  requires us to have faith - which is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen....  The bible also tells us that 'I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength' Philippians 4:13.  What things have you been sitting on that you really want to try, you've been giving yourself that excuse time and time again and keep telling yourself 'soon' or 'I'll do it the next time', next month or next year, and time passes and before you know it next year has come and another 3 went along with it.  I want to encourage you for 2014 where ever you are on your journey not to be fearful of what is to come, not to be afraid of what you can see, or what other people are saying.  Take a step out of the boat that you are in and have faith that with each step you can make that difference, that change.


Get a different perspective
I started this series of creating in faith posts last year July after been asked by my fellow artist and friend Mika Diaz on Motley Soul to contribute to one of the groups on her site, and now a year and then some has passed you can see my first post HERE. It has been a real journey, and I have come out after a year having grown.  I have gained new insight, which I am looking forward to be able to see just how far I have come.  I have created a series of creative bookmark holders, and pieces of art, capturing prayers, thoughts, desires and dreams, of which I know some have been answered, often as a result of changing perspective.  I will be sharing my reflections next week and share what I will be doing next as a project on my blog. Have a blessed week, leave a comment, let me know what steps you will be taking for change this week.


The Lord is my shepherd;  I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul... Psalm 23:1-3

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me..Psalm 23:4

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9








2 comments :

  1. I love the posters & the scripture. Next week I'm leaving a very comfortable job in an even more comfortable place. I couldn't agree more that we need to take a leap of faith to get out of our comfort zones. I figure that I've got my New Year's resolution down:) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime, thank you. I wish you all the best for the steps that you are about to take. Change is never easy, but you will be able to look back and see how much you achieve each day.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...