Thursday 30 October 2014

UBC - Day 31 - Celebrate your life

Art Work - Amanda Trought - Realityarts

Welcome to day 31 and the final day of 'Tips for Carers' in the Ultimate Blog Challenge


Each day I have brought you a different aspect of my experience as a carer, to inform you, to bless you and give you some pointers if you are going into the role, or have been in it for a while and just need some new ideas.  There is no ‘one size fits all’ but it is important for us to share our experiences with each other, and share those things about our lives that make us unique.

Each post hopefully allowed you to shine new light into your situation and see it differently.  I hoped you tried to some of the suggestions or altered them to suit your needs.  The one thing I remind myself of is that life is precious and we have been paced here for a purpose. 


As I look after my mum I try not to loose sight of who and I celebrate the life I have knowing that I can make an impact.  In life we have to make the most of what I can do, knowing each day brings along the gifts of life, celebrating those things that we are grateful for.  We each have something that is special within us and whilst we are all in different circumstances and situations we have to find the strength to be more than the role defines. 


I recommend that you make sure that you make the most of your time, eat well, get rid of those things that are toxic in your life, and try and give the best of yourself, enabling your light to shine on those around you, especially the one you are caring for.  Celebrate and love yourself and If you can find the joy, peace, hope and love in your current circumstances, each day will be a miracle.   

As a carer, I don’t allow myself to be defined by the name,  As I work my way through the role   sharing my experiences and building relationships, I seek help, I ask, and manage to get through each day with a story to tell it is not an easy road, but it can be fulfilling.   You are precious, you are loved, and you are appreciated for everything you do.



For now, take a moment to celebrate your life, take time to unearth some of those dreams that were hidden and do one thing that will be a blessing to your life and the one you are caring for.


You can also click on the 'Celebrating life' image to be taken to the rest of the posts from the Journey of a Carer.

5 comments :

  1. Thank you for your tips for carers. I look after my Dad. He doesn't suffer from dementia but, at 93, he can get confused and confusing. I admire how you combine your caring role with a family and so much creativity. My creativity is mostly confined to daydreaming about doing something creative. With the encouragement and inspiration of your blog I hope I might actually do something

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda - you are inspirational .. and have given us serious insights into your life - as a carer, a griever, and a mother as well as wife and friend to many ... long may you share your life and thoughts with us .. Happy Halloween if you're going that route! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda,

    What a wonderful way to journey through the month of October, and the challenge of blogging every day! Thank you for being inspirational, and sharing God's word.

    I love your art work, and know you've been a blessing to all who've come through your space here on the internet. May you move forward in love and peace, and find joy and comfort in our God.

    Blessings,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm inspired by the beautiful pictures you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a long distance caregiver for an 86 year old mother in law and her developmentally disabled son. Soon I may be moving into a more active role. I need all the help I can get. I've seen burnout in friends who have already undertaken this journey. Alana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...