Friday 26 April 2013

W is for Wisdom

I watch my son grow up just as my mum would have done me and my wish for him is to be wise in the decisions that he makes, the company he keeps and the actions that he takes.  There are so many sayings that I promised myself I wouldn't use that I used to hear as a child and sometimes only the old sayings will do as I sigh exasperated at how much he thinks he knows.  'If you can't hear you must feel' is a treasured one that has been handed down which equates to you have decided not to take my advice in this situation and so you will suffer the consequences.

As I have got older I celebrate and have valued the wisdom of the older generation that has helped shape and inform my life, I know there were many things that I could have done differently, and with wisdom I have tried to teach my son knowing that the more independent he becomes he is going to want to learn from his own mistakes.  What one piece of wisdom helped shape your life growing up.

Painting for the day 
Each day I will show a completed piece of art or journal page hope you enjoy today's

 Art Journal page - unfinished
 
Blog Love
I am sharing some love with those who are also taking part in the challenge, it's not everyone whose blog starts with the letter W, but a few of them for you to start with....

A Writer Weaves a Tale 
Wanna Buy a Duck 
Writing and other life lessons
Walnuts n Pears
What Shall We Blog about Today
 




4 comments :

  1. Wonderful post and art work.


    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvonne, ever encouraging, hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda .. I love the phrase "If you can't hear, you must feel" ... the timbre of youth we know so much ... I wish I'd asked more questions, but life wasn't easy and I needed to get through .. it's only in later years .. that the why comes out, or as in my postings the why gets written about as I teach myself ... I'd pass on the questioning, clarifying aspects - and being prepared to go back and appreciate why things didn't work or another opportunity opened.

    Still we are here now - and doing the best we can with some wisdom inside us .. ?! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilary I do think as we get older we have to try and break free of the restrictions that we had when we were younger. I am learning to be more accepting of myself and encouraging myself to really live each day as if it were my last.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...