Monday 29 April 2013

Z is for Zest

Zest 
Great enthusiasm and energy.  The quality of being exciting or interesting, the outer part of the peel or an orange, lemon

I love life, knowing that I can make a difference.  We have the opportunity to make the world that we live in more beautiful, not just for the privileged few, but for all.  We have just one life to live and we have to grab it with both hands and shake it from time to time.  We have been given so many opportunities, and experiences that our life has to mean something, impact in a good way, going on to help others grow and develop.  We shouldn't be satisfied with hiding behind closed doors letting our talents and abilities shrivel up, but really appreciate each day, hour and minute, making it and being the best we can.  

I am amazed at how quickly this month has gone by, with this the last post for the A-Z April 2013 Challenge, I will probably do a reflection post over the next few days about the experience, will just let the dust settle a bit first.  It has been great being able to visit so many blogs, still got a few to go....

I celebrate the zest I have for my life and all that I can do to bless others.  What is it in your life that excites you?
 
 
 
Painting for the day 
Each day I will show a completed piece of art or journal page hope you enjoy today's
 Work in progress - One of the largest paintings I have worked on measuring 36"x40"

Blog Love
I am sharing some love with those who are also taking part in the challenge, it's not everyone whose blog starts with the letter Z, but a few of them for you to start with...

10 comments :

  1. I am with you. This month went quickly. I love your paintings and posts. You have an amazing way with words.
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, thank you, yes we made it thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Well the journey is over it's been a wonderful month.
    Thank you for all your wonderful post.

    Yvonne.
    A TO Z AMBASSADOR:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvonne, I have enjoyed going down memory lane on your blog.

      Delete
  3. Hi Amanda .. well done on completing the A-Z and I've particularly liked your connections to blogs relevant to the letter of the alphabet.

    Zest for life .. oh boy - I'm a-buzzing with it .. lots to do now .. but the A-Z is a great time and meeting like minded people is just wonderful .. learning about the world out there, appreciating others, and just generally providing support as and when needed - I know I fully appreciated all the support I got.

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary, definitely a launch pad to other things, it has been great connecting and making new friends

      Delete
  4. Great post. Having a zest for life makes life so much more exciting. I love the idea of being able to make a positive difference for others, just little old me. I love that you did a little shout out at the end for other participants, that's a great idea. :)

    Yay for finishing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, and with the winter over the sunshine puts a lift in your step. Yes we all have a part to play and can impact on other peoples lives in very simple ways, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Happy we did it! Wish we could paint the finish line we all crossed and toss some homemade confetti ;D

    YOUR art is a gift-keep sharing! I'm glad you were part of the challenge! I will try to stop by more often~
    Tea and your art make me happy! :D

    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ella, that would be great, lots of celebrations all round, it has been great being able to visit more blogs this year round and has really been a feast for the senses:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...